[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-4-3] Re: RFC #13623 : Bug: Deprecation log for IMAGE.alttext does not work

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Feb 23 12:59:02 CET 2010

Hi.

On 23.02.2010 11:22 Sebastian Gebhard wrote:

> Due to a typo no entry in the deprecation log is done when using the
> deprecated IMAGE.alttext property.

I plead for not deprecating TypoScript stuff without having a mechanism
which makes it transparent what triggered the log entry.

Why? It's often hard to locate the reason. For example when you use
TSOBj browser to find the reason but it's hidden inside a temp. object.

I know there's even a patch of mine #10357 [1] in 4.3, which deprecates
GPvar in TS gettext. I should not have done that and would like to
revert the deprecation part.

What do you think? What's you experience with deprecated TS? Do you know
a way to give admins concrete information about where the incident took
place (pid of template, line number, etc?)

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10357

Please followup: typo3.projects.typo3_4-3.general

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/