[TYPO3-core] RFC #13623 : Bug: Deprecation log for IMAGE.alttext does not work

Sebastian Gebhard sebastiangebhard at hoch2.de
Tue Feb 23 11:22:17 CET 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: bugfix, tweak

Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13623

Branches: 4.3, trunk

Problem:

Due to a typo no entry in the deprecation log is done when using the
deprecated IMAGE.alttext property.

Solution:

I corrected the property names in the IF-Condition to lowercase.

Additionally I merged the two nested IF-Clauses to one. This also solves
the little issue that $conf['altText'] = $conf['alttext']; was assigned
even if there is no $conf['alttext'] - an IF-Check is done anyway, so
why not include the assignement in there. This should tweak performance
a little bit.

I was not sure if I should include the tweak into this RFC. That's why I
attached also a bugfix only patch.

Notes:

Steps to test:

- Set up an IMAGE Object with an alttext property and call it in the FE
- Open localconf/deprecation_*.log - Nothing about IMAGE.alttext in there
- Apply patch and call FE again
- deprecation_*.log will have an entry about IMAGE.alttext

Kind regards,

Sebastian Gebhard