[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13402: Missing suggest feature for some fields

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Feb 22 20:23:28 CET 2010

Hey Steffen,

incorrect. My point is: It is confusing having this field here. In about
80% of all my installations, I don't use fe_groups at all, in 15% I use
about one to five groups and in 5% percent I have about 20-1000 fe_groups.

So, why make it difficult for the majority, if I can activate it for the
minority with just a couple of lines in my typo3conf/extTables.php?

We probably should have an extension "configurationbigsite" that is
focused on making the most of the TYPO3 be for huge sites, and a
"configurationsimple" that e.g. could disable fe_groups completely.

All the Best,
benni.