[TYPO3-core] RFC #13379: Sprite Icon API

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Mon Feb 22 02:28:49 CET 2010

On 20.02.2010 14:38, Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> here is my first review:
>
> * Like Olly, I don't know about the $pass parameter, we should have
> something else and a better logic. Both of us couldn't really figure out
> what the goal of this parameter is...

it's "recursive" as you can have as many "overlays" (they can be
anything) as you want... so the pass defines at which round you are
currently so you can have different options for the baseicon the overlay
one, overlay two... [for example you could create something like <a
modifying the options as first pass options would be to create a href
and second pass option would be a span]

> * I want to see the "overlay" part as an option in the $overrideOptions,
> something like $overrideOptions['overlay'] = 'overlay-page-...' makes
> much more sense to have less "magic" in that first string.

see above; one options wouldn't be enough

it's a little late now; but if you need more info on that I can write
some more tomorrow...

> Could you please update your patch accordingly?
>

> After reading all the posts in the dev list about the sprite generation:
>
> * First, yes, we need a sprite with all the base icons already available
> in the TYPO3 Core, however there should be an easy mechanism for our
> devs to create this sprite. This sprite can be overridden of course by
> an extension, no question
> * Every skin brings his own sprite (or sprites)
> * And we have a mechanism to generate sprites from a specific directory
> structure in icons. This mechanism can be first triggered manually
> either from Extdeveval or the TYPO3 core.
>
> What I really want is a module (we could put this in one of the admin
> modules) that shows all available names and icons (to see if they work)
> that are "loaded" in the TYPO3 installation. There could be a button to
> regenerate all of them.

+1 for that