[TYPO3-core] RFC #12415 : t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue doesn't show record title for foreign elements for type group / db

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Feb 19 20:57:36 CET 2010

Hi,

>> Problem: the listview (rendered with localRecordList) doesn't display
>> the title of the related value(s) if TCA type is group instead of select
>>
>> solution: implement a better handling in t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue
>
> attached updated patch againt current trunk and took Steffen K. comments
> into account and renamed the two tempVars.

Funny I worked on something similar recently, but didn't have time to
produce a formal patch. I didn't know/remember this RFC.

This patch is not good enough, because it doesn't handle MM-relations.
Please look at the code for "select", just above it in the same class.
Actually the code is very similar for the 2 cases and could be
abstracted in a separate method.

-1 for now.

Cheers

--