[TYPO3-core] FYI #13504: Cannot parse TRUNCATE TABLE in install tool

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Feb 12 19:04:37 CET 2010

Hey Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> On 2010-02-11 20:43:28 +0200, Xavier Perseguers said:
>> Applied attached follow-up (Core rev. 6896, DBAL rev. 29941) to use
>> TRUNCATE instead of TRUNCATETABLE in public API (according to today's
>> discussion).
>
> Hm, you added a function to which I gave -1. This is a violation of our
> commit rules. You must have +1 from a coredev to compensate my -1 before
> you can add it.

Actually you didn't -1 this change, but #13508. Furthermore this
follow-up was just a renaming, and no change to our protected / private
discussion. This is no violation of our rules (sry, I really hate those
discussions, they do not lead to anything).

I don't want to escalate this discussion much more (we all have more
important things to take care of), thus I propose the following: Let RM
/ Core-Leader decide what really should be done in this case, and freeze
the current state in trunk. We will create patches / reverts for trunk
as soon as we have a decision of what should be done.

Regards
Christian