[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13444: Filemounts are unsorted

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sat Feb 6 17:34:32 CET 2010

>>> The only visible one is title, the real path behind is not of
>>> interest imho. So name is the only one makes sense.
>>
>> ... and we got the way it is sorted now, which is similar to a real
>> "sorting" field.
>
> not really. The current order is order of assignments in
> beuser/begroup, and this for each group added to the user.

But it's kind of "manual sorting" then, because AFAIR groups are assigned in
CSV lists.
So the group order will influence the mount order.

>> I just wanted to make sure, that "alphabetically" is not the one and
>> only option, since it might be counterproductive.
>>
>> So +1 if the original sorting will still be an option.
>
> same as DBmounts - with option it's a feature for 4.4 only. Please
> have a look at the discussion in general list.

As Masi already pointed out, this must be a new feature anyway.
So +1 for this one in trunk, if the original sorting will still be an
option.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de