[TYPO3-core] FYI Fixed issue #16857: Refine new labels in pages and tt_content TCE forms

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Dec 28 00:56:38 CET 2010

Hi all,

The attached patch has been committed to trunk in r9925

Type: Tweak

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16857

Branch: trunk

Problem:
Some of the labels introduced in 0016031 should be improved to make them
proper english.

The patch also resolves some inconsistencies and the long standing issue
of double negated labels like "No Search", "No Cache", "Hidden", and so
on. You had to enable a checkbox to disable something which was very
confusing.

Mark Lehm and Jeff Segars, both native english speakers from the U.S.,
helped in big parts in getting the labels right.

Note:
I also found two labels in the new page tree which would have been
wrong/inconsistent after this change, thus I changed them on the way,
but they are not in the patch:
En/Disbale Page -> Show / Hide Page

There's a new option "renderInverted" for checkboxes, I will add the
documentation for that tomorrow. The intention of that option is to fix
the old double negated labels so it shouldn't be used in new labels
anyways. We just need to make sure not to introduce such confusing
options/labels again.

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com