[TYPO3-core] RFC #15466: Bug: meaningfulTempFilePrefix does not convert Umlauts and special characters

Sebastian Michaelsen sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 22:34:39 CET 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bug

Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15466

Branches: trunk, 4.4

Problem:
config.meaningfulTempFilePrefix simply strips out any non ascii-chars, which makes it useless for
images that contain umlauts or other characters.

Solution:
We have a nice Method t3lib_cs->specCharsToASCII() to convert special chars to ascii (e.g. ä => ae).
Use it!

Notes:
* Additionally I replaced spaces with underscores, because spaces in filenames can cause troubles on
server- or client side.
* CGLified the tslib_gifbuilder->fileName(). Just a few spaces missing.

How to test:

* Create a page with an umlaut in the title
* Set config.meaningfulTempFilePrefix
* Render a graphical menu including the umlaut page

Kind regards,
Sebastian