[TYPO3-core] RFC #15681: Duplicate "Navigation title" can break realurl URL decoding

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 26 14:04:49 CET 2010

Hi,

On 26-12-2010 12:46, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> On 12/26/2010 12:06 AM, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> So could you show a real life case where this is needed with sense?
>
> Simple: Create a page, give it some nav_title. Copy page (use it at blue
> print), change title and some content, but forget to change nav_title ->
> New page cannot be accessed in frontend.
> This happens pretty frequently to our customers, and can be solved
> easily if (at minimum) nav_title is 'unique in pid'.

This doesn't solve the case:
- create a page with nav_title
- create a page at same level without nav_title, but with same title as
nav_title of first page

Same goes for all the other fields in segTitleFieldList.

I think the solution lies inside realurl:
- when installing check relevant fields on all levels in pagetree
- eval functions on fields in page records to check uniqueness, taking
segTitleFieldList into account
- configuration editor in realurl, checking relevant fields when saving
the configuration

Not trivial, but then again, realurl isn't trivial either :-)

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert