[TYPO3-core] RFC #15681: Duplicate "Navigation title" can break realurl URL decoding

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun Dec 26 14:00:47 CET 2010

Hey,

On 12/26/2010 01:23 PM, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Simple: Create a page, give it some nav_title. Copy page (use it at blue
>> print), change title and some content, but forget to change nav_title ->
>> New page cannot be accessed in frontend.
>> This happens pretty frequently to our customers, and can be solved
>> easily if (at minimum) nav_title is 'unique in pid'.
>
> couldn't this be prevented by simply clearing nav_title with copy?

Sure, would be an option as well, but it is not as user friendly as
uniqueInPid and it does not prevent a user to set two pages to the same
nav_title (uniqueInPid takes care of this, too). The basic problem is
that the nav_title is not shown in the page tree, so the FE link name is
a bit "hidden" in the page properties. Thus, a misconfiguration can not
be seen directly.

Regards
Christian