[TYPO3-core] RFC #16832: Bug: error when using t3lib_TCEmain->clear_cacheCmd in frontend

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Dec 26 09:52:26 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

> i investigated this issue, and it's nonsense to call tcemain from FE as
> this is not intended to do so.
>
> Clearing cache in FE is possible as it's built in. The only senseful is
> clearing page cache, configuration cache or rte cache is not allowed
> from FE context.
>
> To clear cahce in FE there are two functions available:
>
> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->clearPageCacheContent() <= clears all page cache
> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->clearPageCacheContent_pidList($pidList) <= clears
> cache of pages for given uid's

What is missing though is a way to _automatically_ respect pageTS
TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd instructions. As more and more extensions allow
users to change their records from frontend whereas this was back then
only thought to be done from backend (or with a logged-in BE user, it's
the same for me), we have a lack of support of this very useful way of
clearing cache of some pages upon record update.

Cheers
Xavier