[TYPO3-core] RFC #6001: Bugfix: Install Tool image tests fail when there are spaces in the path name

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 21 09:31:05 CET 2010

Hi,

On 21-12-2010 1:41, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> On 12.11.10 22:48, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb am 09.11.2010 23:33:
>>> The patch changes the routines to allow spaces in the im_path and
>>> quotes it correctly in the tx_div method.
>
> This seems to have intoduced a regression bug (not working im/gm) if
> safe mode is enabled _and_ also adds additional problems for some
> gifbuilder features on Windows platforms (see comment of Jörg Wagner in
> the thread of RFC #13750).

With the current state of the graphics routines it's a miracle that it
actually works on some systems. Whenever you try to fix a problem other
problems will emerge. Some have been masked by incorrect fixes in the past.
To get to a better overall situation I feel we have to accept that some
patches will introduce other problems which need to be fixed in separate
RFCs. Otherwise we would end up with a single monster patch which
addresses too many areas and will not be understandable any more.

> If safemode is enabled commands passed to exec() are automatically
> escaped, which results in double escaping here.

This is one of the three things which are addressed in #13750 (which is
on it's way to becoming a monster itself :-( )
The introduction of quotes also showed a bug in PHP < 5.3. This is
addressed in #16656.

I've already compiled a long list of graphics related bugs in the bug
tracker and will discuss with Steffen today how we can get some of the
fixes into the core in time.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert