[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16737: sendCacheHeaders: Wrong usage of Pragma: public and no-cache

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Dec 13 20:37:53 CET 2010

Hi Georg,

thanks for your contribution!

> - "Pragma: public" as http-header-response, never existed in HTTP/1.0
> and neighter in HTTP/1.1, as public is implicit, thus should be removed.
okay, fine with it

> - "Pragma: no-cache" is deprecated in HTTP/1.1 and should also be
> removed, since "Cache-Control: no-cache ..." is returned anyway and
> correct.
Doesn't matter that it's deprecated in 1.1, as the response is 1.0 ;)
Therefore I would leave it as it is.

> Patch provided
Could you please remove the lines instead of commenting them out in
future patches? That's why we have version control to keep code clean
*and* track changes (thus no commenting out needed).

Attached a version, which removes the Pragma: public.

+1 by reading

Kind regards
Steffen

--