[TYPO3-core] RFC #15794: Bug "File -> List shown even though extension not installed : Bug: "Close window and check dependencies" doesn't work anymore"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Dec 1 18:25:44 CET 2010

Hi Soren,

thanks for finding that uglyness. But the solution seems like a "hack".
It would be better if the new sysext register themselves in $TBE_MODULES
just like any other extension would do, without the
t3lib/stddb/tables.php having to do that "dirty job".

I just took a look at it, and it seems the extensions already register
themselves as modules, so we just need to get rid of the hardcoded
values in t3lib/stddb/tables.php.

Then we are sometimes left with an "empty" top level menu (File without
Filelist installed). This was made so that extensions like "ll-xml"
still work. So a tiny fix when detecting which top level menu to still
display is needed (in typo3/classes/class.modulemenu.php).

Attached patch does both things.

To test simply uninstall File>Filelist or Web>Info or Web>Access and see
the modules disappearing from the menu.

One uglyness is left: The "Workspaces" module adds its module
"before:info". If you uninstall the "Web>Info" extension, then
Workspaces is placed on TOP of the Web module. But this is out of scope
of *this* issue. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto