[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15573: Disable deprecation log in config_default

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick at hotmail-no-spam.com
Tue Aug 31 15:36:56 CEST 2010

I was not supposed to reenter the discussion after my friendly fight
with some CoreDev but here I am:

1. Deprecation log makes TYPO3 slower by default.
2. Deprecation log is full of redundant infos.
3. Deprecation log grow until disk explodes.
4. Deprecation log is hidden to most people.

All good reasons to turn it "off" once a new TYPO3 is released IMHO.

Now few solutions:

1. If we don't care about performance (pre-production) we can put single
lines in registry (as proposed already)

2. Using current infinite log we could restrain file size.

3. Deluxe addition: Put the info in the Reports Module so it's more visible.

Frankly, I hate the infinite file principle. So make it a visible
setting in the Install Tool, put the individual lines (unique entry) in
Registry and make a report visible (new "TYPO3 Heatlh status" report)
would be fantastic.

Maybe we need a bigger switch "Testing/Production" that turn all Install
Tool on/off debug info, including deprecation log...

Before putting energy on such a patch we must agree on principles. I
also recall Ingo was doing some work on this. Don't know the current
status...

Ingo ?

Patrick