[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15573: Disable deprecation log in config_default

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Aug 31 14:31:56 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 31.08.2010 13:57:
> Hi!
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> Hi Dmitry, thanks for re-initiating the discussion,
>
> Actually I did not to reinitiate the discussion, I just came across this
> thread and decided to reply. I think that developers in TYPO3 are quite far
> from the real life and real life projects. Therefore they code too much
> tools that are cool but not really usable in practical projects.
> Deprecation log is one of those in my opinion. It was good during core
> development but who will take care of on on sites like Unesco? Nobody. So I
> see no reason to have it on in the released versions.
>
> I just thought many of us are too focused on development to see what goes
> on beyond development, that's all.

Yes, I understand your concerns, but you can be sure that I don't look
at it from a developers perspective. I do more work as a manager of my
company than a developer, btw.

The discussion is not about the deprecation log in general, is it? It is
about the "default setting". Unesco is not a "default site".

On sites like Unesco I expect someone to test the upgrade on another
instance before upgrading, of course. I don't think their TYPO3
implementators will keep the deprecation log "on" on their production
site. But this is not the "every day use case", this is a special and
probably very complex site where dozens of developers work on. The
deprecation log will probably help find out issues on a development
environment.

Cheers,
Ernesto