[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15585: Introducing t3lib_div::getObjectEnv($input) and t3lib_div::getType ($input)

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sun Aug 29 02:36:57 CEST 2010

Hi David,

I really like the improved debug output of objects you proposed in #11680.

However I don't know how this RFC could help implementing it into a new
t3lib_debug.

I might be wrong, but I even do not see how this proposal is useful at all.

On 29.08.10 01:41, David Bruchmann wrote:

>> The functional part has general scope and could be used in any
>> extension / function.

Can you give me a usecase of any of the functions in question besides
debugging?

Especially I doubt that the proposed getObjectEnv() is usefull in any
other context.

For getType I also don't understand how this could be usefull. Even if
the PHP docs "warn" to use the native gettype(), I cannot imagine what
benefit your function gives in favour of the native gettype().

>> Concerning CGL and the proposed switch please see the attached file
>> with a new version, furthermore I completed the types.

There are still CGL issues remaining, but that's not the main reason I'd
like to give a -1 for having these functions in t3lib_div.

Regards Helmut