[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15585: Introducing t3lib_div::getObjectEnv($input) and t3lib_div::getType ($input)

David Bruchmann typo3-team-core at bruchmann-web.de
Sun Aug 29 01:41:44 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Jigal van Hemert <jigal at xs4all.nl>
Gesendet:   Samstag, 28. August 2010 17:32:38
An:         typo3-team-core at lists.typo3.org
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-core] RFC: #15585: Introducing
t3lib_div::getObjectEnv($input) and t3lib_div::getType ($input)
> Hi,
>
> On 28-8-2010 13:00, David Bruchmann wrote:
>> Due to planned features for debugging I need the functions in t3lib_div.
>> The planned features concern debugging and have been requested by Stefan
>> Galinski on base of http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11680.
>
> As they are part of a new/changed debug function I personally don't see
> their value as separate additions to the core API.
>
> Further:
> - getType doesn't follow CGL
> - why pass $input as value and possibly duplicate a large variable?
> - wouldn't a switch-construction improve readability?
> but these are secondary issues.

Hi Jigal,

thanks for your response.

The functional part has general scope and could be used in any extension
/ function. As there isn't any debug-related stuff even I'll use them
for that class I propose to put them in t3lib_div.
For other developers IMHO it wouldn't be logical to search those
functions in a debug-class.

The $input could be explicitley referenced but AFAIK it's done anyway
automatically as long as I don't assign $input to a new variable inside
the function.

Concerning CGL and the proposed switch please see the attached file with
a new version, furthermore I completed the types.

Best Regards,
David