[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10118: Make pi_wrapInBaseClass wraps configurable

Lina Wolf liste at linawolf.de
Fri Aug 27 00:16:39 CEST 2010

>> config.noPiWrap = 1 or
>> _config.noPluginWrap = 1
>> _
>
> all these negated options are very mind boggling and should be avoided
> at all costs.

Hi Ingo,

I agree with you that negated Settings should be avoided. The main
problem here is backward compatibility. If the option is not set the
behaviour should be as before -> the wrap set. If we use

config.usePluginWrap = 0

but want to keep backward compatibility

config.usePluginWrap = 1
and
config.usePluginWrap =

would actually have the same effect and that would be even more mind
bogling. Otherwise we can of course break the backward compatibility.
With the config it might not be so bad, as we could provide  a default.
But what about the setting for each plugin?

--
Liebe Grüße Lina Wolf