[TYPO3-core] RFC #15454: Provide a reason for logDeprecatedTypoScript()

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Aug 23 21:52:03 CEST 2010

Am 23.08.10 20:53, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:

> Some "nitpicking":
>
> We have to note that it changes behaviour of
> $TSFE->logDeprecatedTyposcript(), which is also included in 4.3 and 4.4.
> This means that this function might have been used by extensions by now.
Added a note.

> As soon as extensions start using the second
> parameter, they won't work on 4.3 and 4.4 anymore ("too many
> arguments").
Uhmm.. but not with PHP! There's no problem calling
 > funtion() foo { echo "Hello world"; }
with
 > foo(TRUE, "hi");

See PHP docs [1], so no special signature required like in other
languages ;-)

> Apart from that, +1 by reading.
Thanks! So one core-testing is missing, #13623v6 uses this improvement..

Kind regards
Steffen

[1]
http://www.php.net/manual/en/functions.arguments.php#functions.variable-arg-list