[TYPO3-core] RFC #15454: Provide a reason for logDeprecatedTypoScript()

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Aug 23 20:53:31 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 23.08.2010 20:33:
> Am 13.08.10 21:15, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>> Type: Feature
>>
>> Bugtracker reference:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15454
>>
>> Branches:
>> trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> Currently there's no way to give an explanation, when logging usage of a
>> deprecated TypoScript object/property, because it's implemented the
>
> Reminder - only a tiny one ;-)

Looks nice!

Some "nitpicking":

We have to note that it changes behaviour of
$TSFE->logDeprecatedTyposcript(), which is also included in 4.3 and 4.4.
This means that this function might have been used by extensions by now.

So this is a change that has to be documented for an "upgrade" (or for
extension developers). As soon as extensions start using the second
parameter, they won't work on 4.3 and 4.4 anymore ("too many
arguments"). Well ok, this is a "forward-compatibility" issue and not
really our goal, but we have to keep that in mind, and inform developers
by adding a phpdoc comment to the second parameter, like:

	The second parameter was introduced in 4.5 and is not available under
TYPO3 4.3 and 4.4.

Another nitpick is that the first parameter is not really an $obj, but a
TypoScript property. So I would call it $typoScriptProperty or something
like that.

Apart from that, +1 by reading.

Cheers,
Ernesto