[TYPO3-core] RFC #11571: Feature: tslib_pibase - function pi_loadLL - _LOCAL_LANG Keys like listView.more should also be possible in Typoscript

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Aug 12 22:15:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:

> Actually I really find it a shame. When you look at Core, you find lots
> of key with dots, when you use kickstarter, you get dots, when you use
> Extbase-kickstarter (which should be "THE" new way to do extensions),
> you find dots!
>
> When you look at blog-example, which has been made manually by core
> devs, you find dots:
>
> <label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog">Blog</label>
> <label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.title">Blog title</label>
> <label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.description">Short
> description</label>
> <label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.logo">Logo</label>
> <label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.posts">Posts</label>
>
> Now, how are developers supposed to learn how to code with TYPO3 once
> the different books and tutorials on the topic have been read? The best
> way is to dig into the existing code to see "how it was done"...

i agree. But unfortunally they can't be changed as the translation would
get lost.

Now it's time to get an enhanced translation system that can handle
versions, then we could change all labels in 4.6 and new translations
could be done for 4.6 only. Existing translations could be changed by
script.

If we publish this as "major change" making aware of the naming
convention, developers get attention to this problem and may prevent
future fails.

vg Steffen