[TYPO3-core] RFC #11571: Feature: tslib_pibase - function pi_loadLL - _LOCAL_LANG Keys like listView.more should also be possible in Typoscript

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Aug 12 21:56:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

> up to then a support for all that users which want/have to redine a label
> in TS should be given as we can't remove all that dots from all that
> indexkeys in all extensions.
>
> is this constraint (trap?) mentioned in the CGL (I have not found it)?
> why should an extension developer be punished with this caveat?
>
>>> I have created another patch, which adds a check for dots in the keys
>>> to t3lib_div::readLLfile() and then adds a deprecation log entry. I
>>> also marked the new function getSupportForDotsInLocallangLabels() as
>>> deprecated.
>>>
>>> But maybe this topic should be moved to dev list ?!?
>>>

>> don't forget - we are talking about FE extensions. The core labels are
>> not relevant here.

Actually I really find it a shame. When you look at Core, you find lots
of key with dots, when you use kickstarter, you get dots, when you use
Extbase-kickstarter (which should be "THE" new way to do extensions),
you find dots!

When you look at blog-example, which has been made manually by core
devs, you find dots:

<label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog">Blog</label>
<label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.title">Blog title</label>
<label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.description">Short
description</label>
<label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.logo">Logo</label>
<label index="tx_blogexample_domain_model_blog.posts">Posts</label>

Now, how are developers supposed to learn how to code with TYPO3 once
the different books and tutorials on the topic have been read? The best
way is to dig into the existing code to see "how it was done"...

Xavier