[TYPO3-core] RFC #15075: feature: make a pre-check for required php-extensions

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 11 21:58:18 CEST 2010

On 11-8-2010 17:18, Steffen Müller wrote:
> Unfortunately the discussion about separating this module list to
> required and alternative modules (mysql) is not in the patch. IMHO we
> agreed on this separation, didn't we?
> I am still waiting for it before voting.

The request by Xavier was to make it possible to have "required" modules
and "one of this set is required" modules.
This is done by having an array of:
- module names (each module is required)
- sub-arrays of module names (at least one of this set is required)

So what's missing in your opinion? :-)

> The patch in this form looks like adding a feature which obviously
> introduces new bugs. I do not like that, since we are not in a hurry.

That's a rather pessimistic view on the world ;-)
What kind of bugs do you predict to come from this check?

It's nothing more or less than a quick test for PHP modules which are
required to run TYPO3. It's only done in the 123 installer to catch
these problems in an early stage. Instead of ugly fatal PHP errors
you'll see a simple but decent error message stating which PHP modules
are needed to install (or run) TYPO3.

The code will not influence the rest of TYPO3.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl