[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-v4] Re: RFC #15338: sys_action: Link to edit the sql query action is missing for newly created actions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Aug 11 10:24:14 CEST 2010

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> Am 2010-08-11 02:30, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>
>>> short side question not related to this RFC: Will the queryBuilder
>>> ever support joining tables?
>>>

>> isn't this a good task for you? :)
>
> *umm* I ask because I have created something similar already for my
> kb_display extension - using flexforms. But I found the way it is done
> by the query builder quite nice. Probably if I have time at some day.
> Here a screen how I solved it:
>
> http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/misc/additional-tables.png
>
> The whole query generation process works like this:
>
> http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/misc/queryGenerator.jpg
> (Created in the lounge of my hostel during T3CON08 :)

it's nice :) Anyway a "critical" comment:

SQL query generation is a very complex (and huge) task. Now you have
joins, next we want subqueries or union or whatever.

I suggest to add join to the wizard, then finally use a textarea at the
end, so we can manually edit the query, or paste a selfmade into.

For any complex query i always build them manually in PMA o.s.

What do you think?

BTW - i posted this to v4 as well, let's continue discussion there.

vg Steffen