[TYPO3-core] Q: Is there an way to Change the displaying of the TCA Dialogs in the Backend?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Aug 9 22:52:56 CEST 2010

Hi Tobias,

Tobias Hochgürtel schrieb am 09.08.2010 21:54:

> I hope I'm here right,

unfortunately not. The right place would be the typo3.dev list. The core
list is about getting patches into the core and there is a strict rule
about the format of the mails.

> is there an way to change the displaying of items
> in the backend (TCA). I create an Extension which provides data like
> pages, every page has columns and an column has elements. It's 80% like
> the default with content Elements. But all this is inside of data
> records. But I want to transform/change the view of the Edit Dialog of
> the data records for these items. I create with the IRRE Feature new
> page Records inside of my data-records and then I create an new Column
> Record inside the Page Record also with IRRE. and here is where I want
> to make some changes, I want these Column-Records not "one below the
> other" displayed. I want them "side by side" (parallel,float:left)
> displayed. Every Column can now have some different Elements like an
> Image or only text. But these new Type of Records should be now
> displayed inside their Column like the default behavor ("one below the
> other"). Is there an way to do this? Or where Should I look to create
> this feature? I have created an small Image about the new style/ordering..

Sounds interesting, although I couldn't really understand what you need
or want. Try to give more info about what is exactly what you are
wanting (need help? need advice? need suggestions?). Maybe give a link
to your extensions so people can know what you are talking about. And
post that to the typo3.dev list.

Cheers and good luck!
Ernesto