[TYPO3-core] Q: Is there an way to Change the displaying of the TCA Dialogs in the Backend?

Tobias Hochgürtel files30 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:54:07 CEST 2010

Hello TYPO3 Core,

I hope I'm here right, is there an way to change the displaying of items in
the backend (TCA). I create an Extension which provides data like pages,
every page has columns and an column has elements. It's 80% like the default
with content Elements. But all this is inside of data records. But I want to
transform/change the view of the Edit Dialog of the data records for these
items. I create with the IRRE Feature new page Records inside of my
data-records and then I create an new Column Record inside the Page Record
also with IRRE. and here is where I want to make some changes, I want these
Column-Records not "one below the other" displayed. I want them "side by
side" (parallel,float:left) displayed. Every Column can now have some
different Elements like an Image or only text. But these new Type of Records
should be now displayed inside their Column like the default behavor ("one
below the other"). Is there an way to do this? Or where Should I look to
create this feature? I have created an small Image about the new
style/ordering..

Sincere regards, Tobias Hochgürtel