[TYPO3-core] RFC #14195: Reorganize the backend stylesheets

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 30 16:02:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

What a beast to review ;-)

> Solution:
> * Remove all (not absolutely needed) CSS from core
> * Add the now missing CSS to t3skin
> * Restructure the CSS files and separate between structure definitions
> (height, width, position, etc.) and visual styles (color, border, …)

I'm globally positive. I have just a few small remarks below, after
which I will gladly give my +1 after reading and testing.

- you removed this whole line from NEWS.txt:

"It is now possible to add whole directories of CSS files to the backend
by setting $TBE_STYLES['stylesheetDirectories'][$_EXTKEY][] =
'EXT:myext/stylesheets/'"

but shouldn't it be rather changed to indicate the new syntax, like:

"It is now possible to add whole directories of CSS files to the backend
by setting $TBE_STYLES['skin'][$_EXTKEY]['stylesheetDirectories'] =
'EXT:myext/stylesheets/'"

?

- I now have a small shift in the alignment of group fields in various
configurations, see attached screenshots. This is minor compared to this
whole patch and could be corrected afterward, but I don't want this to
be forgotten.

- also I discussed with Fabien (who was sitting next to me) the issue
with the stylesheets being loaded in alphabetical order, which seems a
bit arbitrary. Fabien said that you meant that this didn't have an
impact. It still seems a bit dangerous if some CSS file does some resets
and happens in the middle of all the files. However I still like the
fact that there's no need to define a loading order explicitly, so maybe
we could have a convention that a file that must come first should have
a name starting with "__" or "00". This could be written down in the
upcoming Core Skinning manual.

Cheers

François Suter