[TYPO3-core] RFC #3800: Empty reference index table

Michael Knabe t3 at aafhh.de
Fri Apr 30 14:04:23 CEST 2010

On 30.04.2010 12:04, François Suter wrote:
> If we store the last index time in the system registry, I think we can
> now improved the message. I would differentiate on whether the registry
> entry exists or not. So with a registry entry we would have:
>
> The Reference Index table is empty which is likely the result of a
> recent TYPO3 upgrade. The Reference Index was last updated on yyyy-mm-dd
> hh:ii. Please go to ToolsDB Check and update the Reference Index.
>
> And without entry, we would have:
>
> The Reference Index table is empty which is likely the result of a
> recent TYPO3 upgrade. The Reference Index has never been updated. Please
> go to ToolsDB Check and update the Reference Index.
>
> Furthermore the same check is also done by the Reports module, so the
> part of the patch that applies to t3ib_BEfunc should also be applied to
> tx_reports_reports_status_ConfigurationStatus.

Hi,

I have attached v5 of the patch which changes the warning so it contains
the date. I also copied the code for the reports module.

What I did not do was adding the message that says that the Reference
Index was never updated before, as then it would not fix the original
bug. The wrong warning would still be shown for new TYPO3 setups.

Cheers, Michael