[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10768: Small rendering/css bug on FE with Text with image

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Thu Apr 29 09:03:36 CEST 2010

On 27.04.10 18:13, Susanne Moog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 24.04.2010 18:59, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>
>>> Set height: 1% for IE6/7, does not interfere with other browsers
>>
>> This is wrong. The suggested and applied CSS does affect other browsers,
>> leading to completely broken rendering for intext left and <ul>
>> rendering for images.
>>
>> Solution: Hide the "height: 1%" form other browsers, (see attached patch)
>>
>> Note:
>> Tested in IE 6,7, FF 3.0, 3.5, 3.6 and Safari 4
>>

>> Please commit attached followup to 4_3 and trunk at least.
>
> committed followup to trunk rev 7435 after my +1 by testing.

Thanks.

> short note from testing: Indeed the height:1% does not interfere with
> other browsers as long as the parent element of the ul has no height set
> (pure CSS styled content without any additional styles does not show
> this bug - at least not in firefox or chrome).

As I already wrote: I found this bug in a plain TYPO3 4.3 (current
branch version) with the following TS:

page = PAGE
page.10 < styles.content.get

Nothing else.

It affects all Firefox versions 2.0.x to 3.6.x and Safari 4 (on Mac).

Probably there is a difference in rendering between Mac and Windows
Versions of Firefox, or you have some additional HTML/CSS which
mitigates this bug.

But hey it's fixed now :)

Again thanks.

Regards Helmut