[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10768: Small rendering/css bug on FE with Text with image

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Tue Apr 27 18:13:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 24.04.2010 18:59, Helmut Hummel wrote:

>> Set height: 1% for IE6/7, does not interfere with other browsers
>
> This is wrong. The suggested and applied CSS does affect other browsers,
> leading to completely broken rendering for intext left and <ul>
> rendering for images.
>
> Solution: Hide the "height: 1%" form other browsers, (see attached patch)
>
> Note:
> Tested in IE 6,7, FF 3.0, 3.5, 3.6 and Safari 4
>

> Please commit attached followup to 4_3 and trunk at least.

committed followup to trunk rev 7435 after my +1 by testing.

short note from testing: Indeed the height:1% does not interfere with
other browsers as long as the parent element of the ul has no height set
(pure CSS styled content without any additional styles does not show
this bug - at least not in firefox or chrome).

Best regards,

susanne