[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14201: getBrowserInfo delivers wrong info

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Apr 28 12:58:26 CEST 2010

Hey all,

I also agree with Francois.

With this change, some conditions won't work anymore, for instance:

[browser != netscape]

won't work as expected anymore, and btw there *is* a reason why all
these new browser jump on to "netscape", based on their heritage, so the
current results are +not+ wrong.

I really fear that this change would lead to unexpected behaviours in a
stable branch, which I strongly dislike when having to upgrade a system
to a new maintenance release.

Plus, it's a documentation change, and in my eyes then it's almost a
feature, as there are new options available now. So it seems like a
feature to me :). However, I have no problems getting this in 4.4.

Also, please update NEWS.txt and the Pending Documentation accordingly
for 4.4.

All the best,
Benni.