[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13170: Workspace Owners should be manageable with groups as well

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 26 19:04:01 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 26.04.2010 18:39:
> Hi,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Patrick Gaumond schrieb am 26.04.2010 16:34:
>>> Kasper has still  a veto on Workspaces AFAIK...
>>>
>>> Who knows for sure ?
>>> (I would like to see this missing feature for too long IMHO)
>>
>> Sure, but even a "veto" needs to be communicated. As the "workspace
>> team" was formed in T3DD2009, I hope that this team could be the
>> intermediate between the new feature requests (and even proposed
>> implementation like this one), and the core team / Kasper. To me it
>> sounds much easier to reach Kasper that way than directly, as the
>> "WS-team" could pre-filter the requests and organize stuff for Kasper to
>> just say "GO".
>>

> my latest info is that Kasper agrees as long it doesn't break any
> functionality, this must be guaranteed.
> From WS team i never heard something in the wild and here, so i'm a bit
> disappointed about as i hoped to get some progress. We already fixed
> some WS issues and should continue as long it's well tested and works as
> expected.

True, but how about this particular case? It changes the concept of
"WS-owners" (from users-only to user and groups). While it is backwards
compatible with the upgrade script. Who should decide if this concept is
"acceptable" or not? If Kasper won't do it, and the WS-team isn't being
involved here, the core team, right?

Tolleiv, do you have any input at all from the WS-team or tried to
contact them (maybe just by pointing to this RFC)?

Cheers,
Ernesto