[TYPO3-core] RFC #14195: Reorganize the backend stylesheets

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Apr 25 16:02:55 CEST 2010

Hey,

On 24.04.2010 20:08, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Cleanup
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14195
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> TYPO3 Backend loads first the styles for v3.x and afterwards t3skin,
> which overwrites the previously made definitions by the core. This su**s.
>
> Solution:
> * Remove all (not absolutely needed) CSS from core
> * Add the now missing CSS to t3skin
> * Restructure the CSS files and separate between structure definitions
> (height, width, position, etc.) and visual styles (color, border, …)
>
> Notes:
> (1) Complete reviews by reading might be very hard ;-)
> Not many changes were made to PHP files, these could be reviewed also by
> reading.

I've attached a diff that just contains the php / js changes, not the
added and deleted css files and images - for easier reviews by reading.

> (8) This patch adds lots of CSS files, which have to be loaded by your
> browser. We have to find a solution for beta3, to concatenate (compress)
> them. This also leads to an unstyled backend in IE6 as it seems not to
> accept more than 31 CSS files [2].

This was one of those IE6 bugs that left me shaking my head...

Now to the patch: You get a +1 by reading already, I've just found one
thing which I don't know how to handle it:

The install tool warning (the page showing that the install tool is
disabled) loads a css file from "../stylesheets/install/install.css"
which doesn't exist. I'm not sure if you just forgot to copy it there or
if it is meant to be placed somewhere else.

I'll test it some more today and tomorrow.

Thanks for this great work - I love the no skin look, all naked little
TYPO3 ;)

Cheers,

Susanne