[TYPO3-core] RFC #12908: Bug: wrong distance between image rows [css styled content]

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sat Apr 24 18:49:52 CEST 2010

Hi Susanne,

On 22.04.10 09:40, Susanne Moog wrote:

> On 21.04.2010 09:43, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> sorry I did not understand what exactly is wrong. Could you provide a
>> descriptive screenshot?
>
> You can see in the attached screenshot, that there is some space below
> the image that is not the image itself and not its margin. Setting
> vertical-align:bottom resolves the problem.

OK, now I got the problem and it is indeed solved with your patch (at
least in the browsers I tested, which are Safari 4, FF 3.6, IE 6).

I now remember that I always wondered, why the constant
styles.content.imgtext.colSpace was set to 10, while
styles.content.imgtext.rowSpace was set to 5, but the visual result was
the same margin between rows and columns, but I somehow accepted it the
way it was.
So thanks for cleaning this up :)

What I don't like about this, especially for the commit to the 4_3
branch is, that it definetly breaks the rendering of multiple images.
Now the margin between rows is technically correct, but visually too small.

Additionally I'd suggest to add a comment before the IE7 CSS hacks, like
it is done for other hacks also. It is then easier to understand, why
these lines are there and what they affect and what not.

Attached you find a patch for 4_3 which fixes both things.

Regards Helmut