[TYPO3-core] RFC #14144: Positioning of toolbar elements broken, especially in Safari

Stefan Galinski sgalinski at df.eu
Fri Apr 23 20:05:21 CEST 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14144

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
After introducing the viewport layout to the backend (0013899), the toolbar
menu positioning is not correct.

Solution:

Unfortunatly these wasn't a single problem. Anyway I added the fixes in one
single patch, because they are related to the same method and are similar
issues.

1) Described 2px issue after resizing of an opened toolbar item
   -> added a check in the toolbar items if it's currently opened after
resizing and add the missing 2px
   Note: This seems to be a bug in prototype, because it seems to ignore the
borders in the width calculation.

2) Safari issue
   -> added the toolbar items initialisation into a Ext.onReady call,
instead of the current onload event.

Unfortunatly the solutions for this issues require changes in the toolbar
item scripts. I haven't found a better solution with the current toolbar
code. It really needs to be refactored for 4.5...

How to test:

1) Just click on the toolbar items and resize the browser window. If the
positioning doesn't change, the patch works.

2) Also everybody with a Safari should check, if the toolbar items are
positioned below the toolbar icon and not like in the screenshot that you
can find as an attachement to the bugreport.

Note:

The issue was reported by Helmut Hummel and fixed by myself as the
contributor of the viewport patch. The other related issues will be fixed
next week...

--
Stefan Galinski