[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #13972: cropHTML uses faulty reg exp for HTML entities

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Mon Apr 19 11:49:33 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 16.04.10 23:32, Ralf Hettinger wrote:
> Am 16.04.2010 16:38 schrieb Jochen Rau:
> [...]
>> A suggestion how to proceed here: The main part of the reported issue in
>> cropHTML is resolved by the patch Ralf provided ("the current preg_match
>> currently always crops after the first semicolon"). The second part
>> isn't ("... and won't recognize entites reliably"). I'd like to move the
>> second part into another issue and vote only for the first. In this case
>> I'd vote +1 by reading and testing.
>>
>> If we don't slice this into different junks, another improvement of
>> TYPO3 will be lost in the endless stream of the mailing list ...
>
> I fully agree, thanks for the suggestion. Although the quantifier in the
> pattern should be&[^&\s;]{2,8}; as mentioned previously. Patch is attached.

I have changed the description of the issue on

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13972

now from

"The search pattern as used in the current preg_match currently always
crops after the first semicolon and won't recognize entites reliably."

"The search pattern as used in the current preg_match currently always
crops after the first semicolon."

Thus, the votes in the previous posts of this thread are obsolete.

I have tested the latest patch from Ralf:

+1 by reading and testing.

Could anybody confirm this, please?

Regards
Jochen