[TYPO3-core] RFC #14079: Bug: Running the unit tests floods the deprecation log

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Apr 14 11:46:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Oliver Klee schrieb:
>> Solution:
>> Drop the testcase and the tests that explictly use deprecated functions.
>
> -1 because the functions are still valid and must work properly until they are finally removed.
>
> Why not simply turn off the deprecation log when running the tests.

I think both may be needed:

- a way of finding calls to deprecated functions by running the unit tests
- testing the deprecated functions (maybe)

Generally, I think that "turning off any warnings during testing" is a
very bad idea because then we'll notice the problems after the release,
not during development and testing.

Olly, you wrote those tests in the first place. Would it be okay for you
if we removed them as the corresponding code is going to be removed
later anyway?

Or we need a way to disable the deprecation log for some tests only.

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member