[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5678: Missing clearer div in csc-textpic-intext-left/csc-textpic-intext-right

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Apr 14 10:56:18 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 14.04.2010 10:26:

>> The only mess is that every change here leads to a "change of behaviour"
>> so installer updater is needed and a new version of static.txt, see my
>> other note.

> Is it "the only"? :) To be it is a "major" change, which deserved a well
> defined RFC.
>
> Think of it. If I want to add a totally new rendering way through a new CSS
> styled content, I can now post an RFC saying "Tweak rendering a little". It
> is neither descriptive, nor it helps to track who did what, how and when.
> Titles must always show what is really inside.
>
> For this particular RFC it should have been two:
> - "Add a 4.3 version of CSS static content template" (needed for #2)
> - "Add clearer DIV to csc-textpic" (depended on #1)
>
> This would clearly separate two tasks and show it well in history. Now a
> simple clearer div is well hidden in a 1188 line diff! It should have been
> only 5 lines, not 1188.

I don't think that the overhead of two RFCs would make this better. The
copy of the 4.3 template is only needed because since 4.3 we don't use
compatVersion in the static templates of CSC anymore. And since this is
the first (and probably only) change in the rendering of CSC in 4.4,
this is the first time we need that copy.

The particular change to the template is there and properly documented
and can be fetched:

svn diff -c7350 typo3/sysext/css_styled_content/static/setup.txt

The patch also contains the proper hooks into the Upgrade Wizard, so
everybody will know what happens.

So while I respect your opinion and understand your arguments, I don't
feel that the good job Susanne did on this matter (which was already
slipping into the CSS-hacks scene) deserves your harsh and inpolite
wording ("thanks for the mess").

Cheers,
Ernesto