[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5678: Missing clearer div in csc-textpic-intext-left/csc-textpic-intext-right

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Tue Apr 13 22:04:44 CEST 2010

> I found an article with background info on the CSS way [1]. It also
> discusses the pros and cons (the most disturbing being a guillotine bug
> in IE in some cases with links in the floating divs).
>
> [1] http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html

Jumping in here, it seems to be the most reasonable place.

Phew, the battle of the right method of clearing divs. Most of all of
the already mentioned methods has pros and cons, so I suggest for
everyone that want's to vote for a solution within TYPO3 here, to read
the following articles that adds pros and cons to the already posted
one on PIE.

Personally I am not sure about the most right way for TYPO3, since I
have not done throughout testing.

Basic CSS tricks, but has good info on clearing divs (note the after
method is "flawed according to [2] though) in section "Techniques for
Clearing Floats":

[1] http://css-tricks.com/all-about-floats/

Notable improvements/fixes to the .cleardiv:after method by experience
(CSS only clearing):

[2]
http://perishablepress.com/press/2008/02/05/lessons-learned-concerning-the-clearfix-css-hack/

HTH