[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5678: Missing clearer div in csc-textpic-intext-left/csc-textpic-intext-right

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Tue Apr 13 17:01:55 CEST 2010

Hey,

On 13.04.2010 14:48, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Susanne Moog wrote:
>> find attached a new patch against current trunk that introduces a
>> constant that defaults to true to add the clear divs. As this is a
>> feature / changed behavior it was necessary to create a 4.3 template.
>
> Is it 1988 lines patch to add a single clearing div? Something is not right
> here...

the problem is that if we add a feature to CSS which changes behavior of
the template, we need a "fresh" template,  but - as this is directly
related to the feature - I do not think we should add that template in
an extra issue, because if the feature does not get in (like this one
now) we'd have an extra template that is not needed at all...

> Besides, I agree with Sebastian that clearing should be dome with CSS, not
> with extra markup. So -1 from me to the idea. Sorry :(

See my answer to him. No problem at all, will have a look that we get a
working solution for all cases :)

Best regards,

Susanne