[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13952: Hookrequest - t3lib_page::getPageOverlay

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Apr 11 14:34:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

Andreas Otto schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Am Samstag, den 10.04.2010, 23:02 +0200 schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>> Hi,
>>
>> FYI: committed to trunk rev 7273
>>
>> vg Steffen
>
> Looks like you committed about 5 hours too early ;-)

was too tired to wait longer :)

> Regarding the recent commits of new hooks I have a few questions.
>
> How do we decide when to commit new hooks? If my maths are right there
> were 2 +1 by reading which is usualy not enough for a commit, right?
>
> On the other hand you could classify these hooks as no-brainers which
> would allow for instant commit.
>
> Testing hooks without proper testcases or steps to reproduce will always
> lead to "+1 by reading" I guess.

as new hooks don't change functionality they are kind of nobrainer,
which is within review of +1 by reading. That's the reason i committed
those hooks after having two +1 by core devs.

I do simple tests with hooks, i only insert a debug at this point to see
if hook is called. Tolleivs hooks are all fine and well written, with
hooks it's simple as we always have the same scheme.

vg Steffen