[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13953: Hookrequest - t3lib_page::getRecordOverlay

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Apr 10 11:44:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

> You're kind of right - actually imho the languagevisibility featureset
> would mean a big improvement for the Core in regards to language
> handling and language fallbacks. But due to the fact that important
> l10n-related patches usually take weeks or months to get their first
> review -- while new shiny ExtJS features/effects are passed through
> within hours or few days -- I can't really see this happening. And
> that's why I'm asking to get the hooks integrated.

I have to agree. But that has to change!

Thus let's start doing something (not only you but all of us providing patches). Idea is to clearly explain how to reproduce the problem in addition to the standard sections. The steps should be
clear. Idea was raised by Susanne on another list and this l10n enhancement is typically a case where *it has* to come into Core.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en