[TYPO3-core] RFC #13998: Introduce Automatic versioning of CSS and JS files

Vladimir Podkovanov admin at sitesfactory.ru
Wed Apr 7 05:26:37 CEST 2010

Vladimir Podkovanov wrote:
> Lars Houmark wrote:

Sorry, haven't read your last note at first :)

however if you did not found on w3c.org notes regarding caching I think
it should be fine with ?[version_no] method as it is commonly used.

I don't think old Squid proxy behavior is so important as browser do
caching anyways and the behavior was fixed as you have mentioned. In
return we have same behavior for Apache and others servers and no
.htaccess manual editing is needed so installation is not getting
complicated.

--
-rgds-
Vladimir