[TYPO3-core] RFC #13996: code cleanup: hardcoded image shown in "HELP > About TYPO3" (backend-redesign)

Stephan N Kellermayr stephan.kellermayr at t3x.at
Tue Apr 6 17:26:38 CEST 2010

dear Dmitry/Jigal,

ok, if the core officially supports IE6 (what i didnt know, or what i
repressed), i see the possibility to add an IE6-workaround or something
else (browser-detection?) and provide different stylesheets/images until
IE6 finally dies!

in case of RFC#13996 and RFC#13995 i think its no problem, because it
resides in ext_tables.php, which also switches the whole stylesheets for
the backend.

switched in ext_tables.php via $GLOBALS['TBE_STYLES'] and in CSS:
==IE6: only GIFs
!=IE6: mixed GIFs and PNGs

(are there other browsers which doesnt support semitransparent PNGs?)

in either way there should be the possibility to override those
currently hardcoded images via $GLOBALS['TBE_STYLES']!

what do you think about this solution?

best regards, Stephan

PS: ...and what about ExtJs and the default-skin 't3skin'? ...there are
also PNGs with alpha-channel as far as i know...?