[TYPO3-core] RFC #13996: code cleanup: hardcoded image shown in "HELP > About TYPO3" (backend-redesign)

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Apr 5 12:15:42 CEST 2010

Hi Stephan,

On 03.04.2010 19:23, Stephan N Kellermayr wrote:
> this is an SVN patch request.
>
> type: code cleanup
>
> bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13996
>
> branches:
> trunk, current branch
>
> problem:
> the logo shown in "Help > About TYPO3" is hardcoded, which is not good
> for backend-redesign.
>
> this image is 'gfx/typo3logo.gif', which in any other case can be
> overridden with $GLOBALS['TBE_STYLES']['logo_login'], but not at the
> page "About TYPO3".
>
> if you install the latest version of 't3xskin' (v.1.0.0, wait a few
> hours, i have just uploaded the new version and deactivate XCLASSing at
> install), and set the skin to 'dark' you will see that the hardcoded
> gif-image looks very ugly because of the light image-background.
>
> solution:
> just check $GLOBALS['TBE_STYLES']['logo_login'] in
> 'typo3/sysext/about/mod/index.php', and if it is set, resolve backpath,
> getimagesize and return this alternative image.

I can reproduce the issue, but I don't think we should use the same
image as for the log in screen. I used your skin with the dark setting
and the image looks very strange on the login screen. I'd suggest
introducing an additional setting for this logo, probably with a
fallback to the log in logo. What do you think?

Best regards,

Susanne