[TYPO3-core] RFC #13998: Introduce Automatic versioning of CSS and JS files

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Sun Apr 4 09:44:46 CEST 2010

Hi Jigal,

> Using the if will make the FE slightly less slower when all the ternary
> operators with no functional else-part for this BE check are replaced
> with an if-statement.

No problem, I have changed it for a normal if, else statement. Attached
is an updated v2. I kept the ternary statement in the new function
though, since it makes kinda sense there, and it will not be called by
every FE render.

> Other than this:
>
> +1 by reading (and for the idea to help the caching problems in BE)

Thanks :)

Another note. Digging more around the backend I noticed that the
rtehtmlarea is not getting the timestamp added in some situations, and
it will also use a absolute reference to some of the CSS files. I will
contact Stanislas about a solution to this at some point before
potential commit.