[TYPO3-core] RFC #13461: bugfix: wrong image-path returned in class.t3lib_tceforms.php if TYPO3-source is symlinked (backend-redesign)

Stephan N Kellermayr stephan.kellermayr at t3x.at
Fri Apr 2 19:43:28 CEST 2010

hi Steffen,

i have tested this again on different systems, and if have found an
already reported bug, which might be related to this:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13819

it is marked as "closed" ...but i think it should be opened again.

the error still occurs on my production-system (running PHP
v5.2.0-8~bpo.2, safe_mod=on), but not on my local system (PHP
v5.2.6-3ubuntu4.5, safe_mod=off), both running TYPO3 v4.3.2.

perhaps its because @getimagesize does not work correctly on some
systems if the path contains '../'.

so we should use:
$selIconInfo = @getimagesize(t3lib_div::resolveBackPath(PATH_typo3 .
$selIconFile));

...instead of:
$iconPath = substr($selIconFile, strlen($this->backPath));
$selIconInfo = @getimagesize(PATH_typo3 . $iconPath);

best regards,
Stephan

PS: tomorrow i will upload my skin-extension to the repository ...and
perhaps you can reproduce this on your system too.