[TYPO3-core] RFC #12067: Remove ext_autoload.php files for extensions using Extbase naming convention

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Tue Sep 29 08:24:27 CEST 2009

Hello,

Bastian Waidelich schrieb:
> Rupert Germann wrote:
[...]
> We could make this to work by moving the "Autoloader" block some lines
> up before the "Include configuration" block in index_ts.php
> And then replace the last line
> 'language' => t3lib_extMgm::extPath('lang') . 'lang.php',
> by
> 'language' => PATH_site.'typo3/sysext/lang/lang.php',
> in t3lib/core_autoload.php
>
> Then autoloaders registered in ext_localconf would be loaded after the
> TYPO3 autoloader.
>
> But I can see that this is a quite radical change..
>

> After all, if we only need the ext_autoload.php file for extbase itself,
> nobody will complain. I was under the impression, that every extbase
> extension needs to register all of it's classes explicitly which seemed
> rather tedious.

*Every* extension could benefit from being able to register a custom
autoloader in a smart way. Building an ext_autoload.php IMO is just a
workaround/additional approach to work with legacy code.

Considering the FIFO approach of spl_autoload_register() it seems logic
to me to make sure t3lib_autoloader::registerAutoloader() is called first.

To me it seems this "radical change" would make pretty much sense.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag